About the Queen’s Legal Aid Clinic (PDF - 50 kb)


Know Your Rights

House Parties and Keggers

Tenants' Rights


Websites that may be of interest

While you are waiting for an interview, or in case Queen's Legal Aid cannot provide assistance, you may want to check out these websites:

Local Agencies:

Home Base Non-Profit Housing (Kingston) - supportive housing and housing-related services

Resolve Counselling Centres (formerly K3C) - credit counselling and personal counselling

Street Health – Kingston's harm reduction health centre

Addiction and Mental Health services – Wellness, accepting and belonging

Independent Living Centre, Kingston – an organization that helps people with disabilities

Kingston Interval House – emergency shelter for women and children in crisis

John Howard Society - a wide range of community-based services that address crime and its causes

Elizabeth Fry Society – services for women who are, have been, or are at risk of being in conflict with the law

Immigrant Services: support for immigrants to Kingston

Kingston Community Legal Clinic - our sister clinic; handles evictions and education matters

Community Advocacy and Legal Centre (Belleville, Ontario) - information about housing, income maintenance, criminal injuries compensation, and consumer issues from the clinic in Belleville

Kingston Property Standards Office - this office can help if your rental property is poorly maintained

Kingston Police Department – to report a crime, or obtain a criminal record check


Government Agencies:

Legal Aid Ontario - find out about financial qualifications and applying for a Certificate if we can't help

Human Rights Legal Support Centre - information about stopping discrimination and protecting human rights in Ontario

Social Benefits Tribunal – find out about the hearing process for an appeal about disability benefits

Landlord and Tenant Board – find out about the hearing process for a complaint about your landlord

Criminal Injuries Compensation Board – find out about getting compensation if you were the victim of a violent criminal act in Ontario

Social Securities Tribunal – find out about appealing a CPP or EI decision you disagree with

Provincial Offences – information about attending Provincial Offences Court

Ministry of Labour (Ontario) - find out about employment standards and how to complain about your boss

Rental Housing Enforcement Unit – to complain to the government about your landlord's actions

Ontario Consumer Protection – find out how the government protects your rights as a consumer

Ontario Ombudsman - to make a complaint about government services


Steps to Justice: